Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Mimikins

This week I've been terribly bored so I spent Monday reading my collection of old letters.  I'm a hoarder of mail; I've saved letters, postcards and cards for years. I have a large box of letters that my Grandma Ruth saved of every stupid little letter that I ever wrote to her. So I blame her for the mail hoarding gene. So be assured, even if we haven't talked in 5 years,  I still have the mail you sent to me 35 years ago. Those are my treasures!

While I was going through my collection, I came across a wonderful letter from my niece, Valerie. She addressed the letter to Mimikins, her sweet nickname for me. That inspired me to create a new doll. This new doll is made from German wool called Fitzfelt and recycled wool felt from my stash.




Meet Miss Mimikins. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I love little Miss Mimikins. She is adorable. What a great idea. I think Valerie will be very pleased with your new creation. :)

    Much love! X X X

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cute. Cutie-kins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling! I hear you've been under the weather, Mimikins!?
    Hope you are better!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I love the hear from my readers ~ please leave a comment.