Friday, May 16, 2014

Miss Daffodil in the garden



I'm not sure what possessed me but I just had to make Miss Daffodil a hat this week. Not that I don't have a million other things to do! But I like the way it turned out and sometimes I just have to follow the muse. The garden is a riot of purple with the flowering columbine and spiderwort showing off this week. The pink rugosa rose is almost done blooming and all the neighbors commented on it. I even had one neighbor ask me what kind of tree it is. The rose bush is that big.

My mother wrote to me and asked, "did you actually make that hat?" Yes, I did.
I did not make the material, which is a straw-like woven ribbon, but I did sew it all together in this shape, added the ribbon, and sewed in one of my labels on the inside.

1 comment:

  1. awww, sweet….
    love seeing miss daffodil out and about, sniffing roses, wearing her new sun hat.

    ReplyDelete